Friday, January 4, 2013

One Year, One Month, and Two days in counting...

Not that I want to rush my sweet little angel through her terrible two's or anything... but I'm hoping that the next year, month and a couple days FLY BY with warp speed.  I will be working my hardest to get Cheyenne potty trained so that THEE DAY she turns THREE her little bottom will be in Voluntary PreK-3 and my day care costs will drop significantly.  I'm extremely thankful for the daycare situation I have going for her right now, but it's killing us.  There is nothing I can do about it though.. there is no possible way for me to NOT work.  I really envy families that that can have a mom or dad stay at home especially at the end of the year when I see how much I've spent in day care and before/after school care.  I am very thankful that Cheyenne does have the opportunity to be with her sitter Ana because she is learning so much by interacting with others her age and younger and even learning Spanish.  I'm also thankful she gets to spend time with Joe's mom too because she has taught her so much and Blake is so smart and does so good in school which I'm sure was due to all her early help since she watched him too. 

I also hope that within this same time frame, that we are finally in a house (that we can actually fit in) and out of this god forsaken apartment.  We need to be back in Wesley Chapel so that I'm not driving 72 miles every day just to take my kids to and from school.  This way, my daily mileage will change to only 36 miles each day... and if I get to work from home again in the future, even less mileage.  Also, I feel like I can count the hours on one hand for the amount of sleep I've gotten in the last two nights because of my heavy-footed upstairs neighbor.  He hasn't been blasting his music lately but he surely does make up for it in stomping around and slamming doors at all hours of the night and morning.  It wakes up Cheyenne too because she'll wake up a couple times a night whining and pointing to the ceiling and saying "Noise!"  I'm sure the boys will like a bedroom without a community stairwell on the other side of their wall too.   I'll also miss driving by the trash compactor that works completely fine and lazy people dump their shit two feet away from it... then other people think it's broken too or they just don't check then their shit starts to pile up too until the grounds people pick up every one's trash the next day.  I'll miss the office staff misplacing my rent into other residents' accounts and putting eviction notices on my door.  I'll miss my neighbors that can't seem to park straight into a parking spot, I'll miss people running into the gates with their vehicles causing them to be stuck open or closed.. oh yeah.. that is quite special during rush hour in the morning.

Anyway... I know that I've made better choices this year and have done things to free up as much money as we could for our family, and we're still on track, sometimes a little more behind than I'd like to be, but we're still on track.  I keep telling myself we will be even better after we get our tax returns and even more is paid off.  Or.... if someone would just like to give me about $10k they have laying around I'll gladly watch my daughter grow up as slowly as possible and enjoy every minute of it :) :) :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment