Wednesday, January 2, 2013

I need medication.

I feel that I am overly emotional about things, more than the average person anyway.  For example, it was recently the Christmas season.  I have a children's CD that I keep in the car during the holiday that we purchased last year.  It's a Phineas and Ferb Christmas Album which features the various cartoon characters singing both classical Christmas songs as well as some re-makes with their own lingo and comedy.  Instead of "Frosty the Snowman" it's "Perry the Platypus" and instead of the normal "Twelve Days of Christmas" it's a version of silly things from the show that you would understand if you watched the cartoon.  Very cute for the normal person.  Teary eyes for me (not sad tears, happy tears lol). 
Then we were just at Sea World yesterday with Blake and Cheyenne.  We watched the Shamu show like we always do when we go there.  They put together this really cute pre-show story of how as children, the Shamu show staff dreamed of working with the animals and grew up to do so, etc. Me? had the sunglasses on hiding the teary eyes.  Sure I know it's all a work.. and maybe I'm a little angry with them that they got to pursue their lifelong dream but still.. are the tearworks necessary?  I can forget watching shows like Extreme Home Makeover or Extreme Makeover.. there is not enough night firming cream to conceal the puffy eyes! 

Then comes the rage.  Like today.. today during my lunch break was my second trip to the post office this week in attempts to pick up my Certified Mail (let me add that I have to drive through my first most despised intersection Fowler and 56th Street, and then most elderly populated area of Temple Terrace where it's impossible to find a turn lane to actually get into an establishment that you need to go to without u-turning).  Anyway... First time I went, on New Years Eve, I get all the way there after 1pm and I see a sign on the door that says they closed at 12:00pm in observance of the Holiday.  Let's just say that in 34 years of life I have never had to go to the post office for anything on New Years Eve and would never have imagined that they would have closed early.  What kind of gig is this a government office? LMAO... So anyway... I go today on my lunch break, the next possible chance, wait in a 15 minute line which was expected, but I'm then told they cannot find my letter.  They acknowledged it was there, and it was somewhere, but they couldn't locate it.  I was very cordial with the lady as it wasn't her fault and gave her my contact info should she eventually be able to locate it.  I work in a customer-service type atmosphere and if anything, it has taught me both great patience with other customer service people, but a very LOW tolerance for those that have the "I hate my job so I'll do anything to suck attitude".  BUT......... the whole reason I was there making my second trip in two weeks was because I GOT PHOTOGRAPHED AGAIN MAKING A RIGHT TURN AT A RED LIGHT WITHOUT MAKING A COMPLETE STOP.  Yes, again as in it happened before (at the intersection of Fowler and 56th Street LOL).  The Certified Mail was in result of not having $158 to pay the initial bullshit notice I got in the mail after making a right turn on a red at another intersection where I was unaware there was a red light camera. Had I known there was one there, I would have taken back roads and completely avoid the area at all costs in order to AVOID having to contribute to this private agency shakedown that these red light cameras are.

Anyway...  So I didn't have $158 at the time of the original notice.  What makes these people think I can then pay DOUBLE in another month?  Geez Louise people....  I'm having to profit some company in Arizona because thousands of other idiots in the past would run red lights and cause accidents?  I have an extremely clean driving record and have not been in a car accident since I was 16 and fishtailed my mustang on wet roads into a parked car when I was trying to speed around a senile man in a conversion van, which mind you, was riding down the middle of two lanes.  Yes.. I might have had road rage back then and it's only gotten worse as I've gotten older and have less tolerance of people on the roads... but that is even more reason than any that I need medication.  That and the fact that a moderate $80 isn't enough to get me tipsy on New Years Eve at one of my favorite bars solidifies the fact that I need something very scheduled by the government in my life to get me right.  Now that I have insurance again I will be making my appointment! WOOT WOOT


No comments:

Post a Comment